Old February 1st 16, 07:10 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
The Starmaker

Default Moon was produced by head-on collision?

The Starmaker wrote:

Yousuf Khan wrote:

Moon was produced by head-on collision | Astronomy.com
http://www.astronomy.com/news/2016/0...d-on-collision

The Theia Theory used to talk about a glancing blow between the early
Earth and a Mars-sized Theia, perhaps at 45 degrees. New data suggests
that Theia might have actually hit head-on with the Earth. That's
because the percentage of Oxygen 16/17/18 isotopes between the Earth and
Moon are nearly identical, indicating that they came from the same source.

My question is, if the isotopic evidence which was used to create the
Theia Hypothesis in the first place, due to a previously perceived
difference in isotopic abundances, so now that that isotopic evidence
has disappeared, why keep the Theia Hypothesis? There were other
theories prior to that, which were discarded due to the isotopic evidence.

Yousuf Khan

The truth is...the origin of our solar system is...unknown.

So, how everthing got put together is unknown...including the moon.

For those seeking to know the origin of our solar system...all one has
to do is start and end he

'In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.'

The above sentence contains all the information one needs to understand
the origin of our
solar system and the universe.

Within this sentence contains the entire knowledge of the origin of the
universe.
'In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.'

You just need to know how to decode it.

For example, ..."created the heavens and the earth", .. "heavens"
doesn't necessarly mean stars. It could mean
how stars looked before they became stars...without the light.

In other words, the earth and the stars were created at the same time,
they just both weren't formed completely then.