Old February 1st 16, 01:02 AM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Default Moon was produced by head-on collision?

Dear Starmaker:

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 10:44:33 AM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
The truth is...the origin of our solar system
is...unknown.

So, how everthing got put together is unknown...
including the moon.

Does "unknown" mean "unknowable"? Is all quest for knowledge ultimately doomed to failure? Or are you a post-only nay-sayer?

We have brains, and we have data. Do you mind if we use one, and try and understand Nature, while you fiddle away, Nero?

David A. Smith