Old January 3rd 10, 09:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.geo.geology,sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics
Double-A[_3_]

Default Our 0.11% hollow moon, and near infinite vacuum of Selene L1 /Brad Guth

On Jan 3, 12:47*pm, BradGuth wrote:
On Jan 3, 11:56*am, Nightcrawler wrote:

On 1/3/2010 12:05 PM, BradGuth wrote:

snip crap

1) Define suction.
2) Define void.
3) Define vacuum.
4) Define hollow.
5) Formulate a real example of how they *all* interact.
6) Show how this interaction occurs on the moon and exerts
* * a force (not pressure) that is vectored in a direction
* * perpendicular to the surface of the moon, outward from
* * the center of the moon.

Gee whiz, now you expect me to be another Einstein, right off the top
of by little head none the less. *You do realize that I'm only
suggesting a 0.1% hollow/void worthy interior.

He didn't specifically ask for mathematical definitions. Can't you
explain suck in terms of chrome and trailer hitches?

Moon interior open space as geode like hollows/voids w/air at 14.7
psi:
*14.7 psi = 10.335e3 kgf/m2 (x 6 becomes a force worth holding up 62 t/
m2)

Hmmm. That's about 1 bar. What a coincidence!

Exterior Vacuum at 3e-15 bar = 1.2e-12 inch h2o = 3.06e-15 kgf/cm2
*Otherwise negative pull or suction of 14.7 psi (10.335e3 kgf/m2) = 62
t/m2

Assuming this mineral saturated lunar basalt is that of a sufficiently
fused molecular kind of solid that’s only leaking sodium, whereas
1/6th gravity should become worth 124 tonnes/m2 of holding that lunar
basalt shell up/away from the porous or semi-hollow mantel and its
tidal offset core, as such is going to lift or hold up a serious
amount of that basalt crust per km2 (124e6 tonnes/km2), not to mention
whatever interior pressure below that thick and heavy crust should by
rights be something considerably greater than 14.7 psi.

Due to the crust porosity and various mineral leakage as having
allowed some degree of subsequent pressure/vacuum equalization,
whereas even I might doubt that we’d get anywhere near that kind of
result, but it’s certainly fun to ponder.

Seems it’s going to be a little tough for our moon(Selene) not to have
those cavernous hollows/voids of some kind, at least a few solidified
geode like pockets, porous layers or accessible vugs within and under
that extremely thick and robust basalt crust, especially where that
supposedly iron core has shifted at least several percent (25%)
towards Earth in order to help offset that much thicker and mascon
saturated farside crust.

The farside mass offset of this unusually heavy mineral saturated
basalt crust is worth 4e21 kg, and the maximum 450 km radii of the
metallic core is supposedly worth 45e21 kg (more than likely it’s
only worth 4e21 kg). Therefore this dense metallic core of supposed
iron needs to be considerably offset towards Earth, so that the
greater proportion of lunar mass is always facing Earth.

*~ BG

So, where is the green cheese factory?

Double-A