Old July 1st 06, 10:30 PM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

Default The Expanding Earth and Mind and other paradox

will1 wrote:
I once had a friend that had talent and truly wanted to publish. He could
write,his mind was full of ideas, and for all practical

purposes, he believed he was a writer. But had nothing published. His room
mate would encourage him, to the point of nagging, to

write his novels and cook books. His number one excuse was that he did not
have a decent typewriter, (this was long before

computers and word processing for the masses). For years that was his
excuse, he needed a good typewriter. Finally one day, his

room mate not only bought him a very nice IBM Selectric, but also set him up
with a cool trailer/writer's pad by the beach .So now

my friend could be a writer, no more excuses. Well after a few months,
NOTHING! No manuscripts, no outlines, no words, only

blank sheets of typewriter paper. He passed away about 10 years ago without
publication, all that talent gone.
There were many possible reasons for his problem (usually fear and/or lack
of the basic "How To"), and we can come up with

hundreds of suggestions and fixes . Except, for one case, when the "desire",
the "wanting",and the day dreaming is a stronger

force than the 'doing' and creating RESULTS. You will not fix this problem.
Just let the Don Fs. and Cagles and Ed C.s and other

delusionals have their daydreams. We can respond to a few flaws in their
logic or point out mistaken observations, even offer

suggestions , but that is all. Their minds and egos cannot handle the TRUTH
and are therefore, blind to it. The irony in Don's case

is that in the past, competent scientists have proposed the idea of earth
expansion as a possible cause for observed features on

the surface of our planet. They confronted their fears and peers and
published. They also had their ego under control and when the

arguments against their theories were presented, they accepted those
arguments based on logic and good science. And those

poor souls that did not accept ,or at least listened to the arguments, were
subducted and assimilated into the convecting mantle.

Occasionally one pops up as a xenolith, like Don...

I found this whole thread a fascinating study of the effects of cross
posting, as well as personal observation my reactions to

statements made by various players here. Data mining occasionally will take
you into stagnant pools, and even then, stirring up the

mud can bring to light some life forms that were hidden just beneath the
surface. The only danger that we face are the traps of being

mired in a "Folie a' Deux"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_%C3%A0_deux .

Regards, Will E.

The Earth absorbs (gravitational) energy.
This collects at its center until it
imbalances the magnetic field.
When the poles reverse the energy gets spun into matter.
The Earth grows
bigger and there is an increase in gravity.

This has a *profound* effect on genetic expression;
some life becomes extinct, other life
changes radically; other life loses capacity
(to fly, for instance, like the Dodo).

Periodic world-wide extinctions and evolutions
are the result.

John
Galaxy Model for the Atom
http://users.accesscomm.ca/john