Old July 5th 17, 08:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mark Storkamp

Default Venus phases and the eclipse

In article ,
Gerald Kelleher wrote:

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 5:56:58 PM UTC+1, Mark Storkamp wrote:
In article ,
Gerald Kelleher wrote:

http://www.zam.fme.vutbr.cz/~druck/e...w2/Hr/Tse1997u
w2.p
ng

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...July%202010-Ja
nuar
y%202012.jpg

The images tell their own story of how we see the inner planets but the
eclipse marks a singular moment in time when Venus and Mercury are not
restricted to dawn or twilight appearances but are see as they truly are
in
relation to the Sun and to the Earth.

Are you implying that when we see Venus and Mercury during dawn or
twilight, they do not appear as they truly are in relation to the Sun
and to the Earth?

There is nothing to imply as everything is obvious even if it is entirely
new. If not exactly paint-by-numbers, the astronomical procedure is
straightforward for those who can follow the imaging and graphics

Then you're obviously wrong. But I won't bother explaining why since
it's straightforward for anyone who can follow a logical progression of
ideas and concepts.