Old October 30th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default CSI Miami throws science out the window, again

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:17:07 -0700, Larry Bud
wrote:

A pretty good job? I mean, I like the show. Pretty graphics, cool
special effects, but science? No way.

I disagree. I rarely see serious scientific errors on CSI (Las Vegas). I
think they do a remarkable job. They use the right techniques, and they
use the right equipment. The main deviations from reality are
simplifications required for story flow, like being able to get results
rapidly when many tests take days. But I consider that pretty trivial.
But the other CSI shows don't even come close to presenting clinical lab
science accurately.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com