Old August 23rd 19, 11:45 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Lee Smolin: We've Got Space and Time All Wrong

"Lee [Smolin] and I discussed these paradoxes at great length for many months, starting in January 2001. We would meet in cafés in South Kensington or Holland Park to mull over the problem. THE ROOT OF ALL THE EVIL WAS CLEARLY SPECIAL RELATIVITY. All these paradoxes resulted from well known effects such as length contraction, time dilation, or E=mc^2, all basic predictions of special relativity. And all denied the possibility of establishing a well-defined border, common to all observers, capable of containing new quantum gravitational effects." Joao Magueijo, Faster Than the Speed of Light, p. 250 http://www.amazon.com/Faster-Than-Sp.../dp/0738205257

"Was Einstein wrong? At least in his understanding of time, Smolin argues, the great theorist of relativity was dead wrong. What is worse, by firmly enshrining his error in scientific orthodoxy, Einstein trapped his successors in insoluble dilemmas..." https://www.amazon.com/Time-Reborn-C.../dp/B00AEGQPFE

"And by making the clock's tick relative - what happens simultaneously for one observer might seem sequential to another - Einstein's theory of special relativity not only destroyed any notion of absolute time but made time equivalent to a dimension in space: the future is already out there waiting for us; we just can't see it until we get there. This view is a logical and metaphysical dead end, says Smolin." http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013...reality-review

Lee Smolin: "we've just got space and time all wrong" https://www.newscientist.com/article...ime-all-wrong/

Then fix the wrongness, Lee Smolin! If special relativity is "the root of all the evil", then at least one of Einstein's 1905 postulates is false - logic forbids the combination "true postulates, evil theory". The Perimeter Institute should have freed physics from the falsehood, shouldn't it?

And the false postulate is... see he https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev