Old June 25th 19, 02:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Commercial Crew

David Spain wrote on Tue, 25 Jun 2019 08:45:30
-0400:

On 6/24/2019 3:46 AM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
NASA has reportedly updated its launch dates for Commercial Crew
missions. The Starliner unmanned orbital test is now manifested for
September (the original holdup was apparently largely due to launch
vehicle availability). Both Starliner and Crew Dragon are currently
manifested for manned flights in November (Crew Dragon first), which
would seem to imply that the Crew Dragon Max Q Abort Test would happen
sometime before that, although we still have no date for that and no
new information on what caused the test pad anomaly.

I am skeptical of the Crew Dragon dates until I hear more about results
of the accident investigation, remediation steps, NASA buy-in and
sign-off etc.

Seems to me SpaceX has an uphill climb. It wouldn't surprise me if
Starliner goes first in both at this point.

Gonna take some time travel for Starliner to go first on the unmanned
orbital test, since Crew Dragon did that months ago.

--George Bernard Shaw