Old December 19th 10, 05:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default NGC 488 You are getting sleepy

I don't know if Dr. Who plays in Germany. If not the image won't make
much sense. Dr. Who is a campy English SiFi series that has run for
decades (1963 I think, with a couple decade gap, to the present). It
uses very cheap, cheesy special effects as in my "doctored" image. The
Doctor (he has no name I'm aware of) is a time lord who travels through
time and space in a "TARDIS" (Time And Relative Dimensions In Space).
Which is multidimensional. On the outside it appears to be a 50's era
English police call box just big enough for one policeman to fit into.
But it is as big inside as as a sound stage allows. That's his TARDIS
in the image or as best as I could do.

Rick

On 12/18/2010 4:22 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Well, I guess these vortexes can get really nasty if you get near them. I am
glad it is in NGC 488 and not in my bathroom.

Stefan

"Rick schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ter.com...
Oops, forgot the "reprocessed" image.
Rick

On 12/11/2010 4:03 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:
Actually you had quite a bit of detail. Just needed a run through the
high pass filter to pull it out.

I've been told this one is really a time vortex. I did a bit more
enhancing of the image, this time using Hoagland's hyperdimensional
physics based processing tools. Great for pulling out detail normally
seen only by averted imagination. Amazing what these tools can see.

Rick