Old October 28th 13, 02:04 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_2_]

Default The Ares 1-X File

In article , n-
neckar.de says...

At 28 Oct 2009 Ares 1-X was launched. There was before some fear that
the first stage may crash in the second after separation. A principle
problem by the use of big solids. The TV of the flight showed exactly
such an event. But NASA said telemetry failed just seconds before the
crash and they had to wait the readout of the onboard sensor recorder.
I never read about the content anywhere. Now, after 4 years, is any
final report about this flight published?

## CrossPoint v3.12d R ##

Considering that Ares 1 and Ares V were the "brainchild" of the, then,
NASA Administrator Mike Griffin, I doubt that such "bad news" would have
been widely publicized, even inside NASA. That said, there is some info
"out there" (mind the wrap on the links):

Executive Overview, National Aeronautics and Space Administration,
FEBRUARY 2011, APO-1096, Ares I-X Flight Data Evaluation
http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/515784main_A...s%20I-X%20Flt%
20Eval%20Exec%20Overview.pdf

From above:

The completed flight evaluation is documented in ?Final
Flight Evaluation Report for Ares I Use of Ares I-X Data,?
APO-1041 which consists of 5 volumes totaling more than
1,600 pages of technical data, analysis, and evaluation
on the tasks that were performed. The report also contains
an executive summary, flight overview, brief summaries of
each task, and a summary of data quality and archival that
provides a level of detail this overview cannot.

So, there you are. If you want the "gory details", you'll need to find
a copy of the above document. A quick web search does not find this
document online, so you may have to look elsewhere.

Jeff