Old February 10th 12, 04:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default Well, they must be doing something right...

On 2012-02-07 04:25:30 +0000, David Spain said:

As a private venture, it seems perfectly natural it might seek out
NASA's help to help train its work crews. Or to ask to use of the big
water tank for training its future space worker crews. And it seems
only natural that NASA would be willing to help, for a fee.

No, what NASA is renting out the "big water tank" for is training oil
rig crews who have to take survival training. Yes, NASA and it's
contractor are getting a fee but it ain't for space, at least today.

IMO No - Not Yet.

We can always hope that will change. But it also seems only natural that oil
or natural gas riggers would hire NASA to help with their underwater work as well.

I have no problem with this. I think it is a "good thing".

Dave