Old July 9th 06, 03:37 PM posted to sci.space.history
mike flugennock

Default identify this spacesuit ?

Pat Flannery wrote:

OM wrote:

...Hey, is school back in session already? It's too frackin' early for
the kids to pop up around here and ask us to write their term papers
for them!

Anyway, a Google search under "Mercury pressure suit" and "X-15 pressure
suit" found those two; the SR-71 suit is harder to find, although I
found lots of photos of them on this page by entering "YF-12 pressure
suit": http://area51specialprojects.com/yf-12.html

****, man; here I am passing MWEA links on to this guy, and totally
forgot Mark actually did have an SR71 suit mod on his Space Suits page:
http://www.astronautix.com/craft/ees.htm
....which is actually an SR71 suit mod for use as a Shuttle Launch/Entry
suit -- only a partial-pressure suit, iirc what they call a "get me down
suit".

And now, if I can only remember where I found that really clean, close
shot of John Young suiting up for STS01, where it looks like he's also
wearing one of those darkish-tan SR71 suits...

--

..

"Though I could not caution all, I yet may warn a few:
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools!"

--grateful dead.
Mike Flugennock, flugennock at sinkers dot org
"Mikey'zine": dubya dubya dubya dot sinkers dot org