Old November 1st 03, 12:05 PM
Stuart Turrell

Default starry night software

i will run the software on botha desktop and laptop, but the telescope will
be run from the serial port on my laptop.

I had to buy one second hand as i couldn't find a new one new in my price
range with a serial port.

"Martin" wrote in message

"mike ring" wrote in message
52.50...
"Stuart Turrell" wrote in
:

i would like to but this software, but i dont know what version.

i want to let it control my meade telescope, and i want it to have
loads of satellites, stars, galaxies and asteriods on it.

what version will be best? pro plus?

stuart

I don't know anything about controlling telescopes, but I use Cartes de
Ciel which I like a lot, and it has a "meade interface plugin", and a
telescope menu which suggests it might help you.

Anyhow the price is right, it's free, so got to ber worth a look

mike r

What sort of computer are you intending to use? A laptop or PDA? A lot

of
this type of software "assumes" you have your telescope connected to a
serial port. Many laptops don't xome with one these days. So if your

does
not have one you may have to purchase an adaptor to allow serial
communication.

Martin