Old December 30th 07, 12:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: IC 1613 another dwarf galaxy

George Normandin wrote:
"Rick Johnson" wrote

Great image Rick! It's sort of reminiscent of the LMC.

I hope that you do get a shot at some more data on this galaxy this year.
However, at least you are getting in a little imaging. Over here in NY we've
only had a few hours of clear sky for the last 6 weeks or more, and that has
all been after midnight under bright moon. It's been the worst December for
astronomy in years.

George N

Same here. I took this earlier in the evening of the 9th (UT) same
night as LBN826-7. Down low ice got too thick, the second color frames
were unusable. I'll have the ice through February and likely into March
so no chance for more data on this guy. He's now too low in the SW even
without the ice.

A big hunk of my to-do list went untouched this fall. Been a horrid
fall for imaging. No end in sight either

Rick