Old August 29th 03, 09:50 PM
George Dishman

Default Gravitation and Maxwell's Electrodynamics, BOUNDARY CONDITIONS

"Craig Markwardt" wrote in message news

Hi George!

Hi Craig! SIRTF's

"George Dishman" writes:

"Aleksandr Timofeev" wrote in message om...

Whether you can describe physical principles of operation of the RC-oscillator
(capacitance-resistance oscillator) from a point of view of a resonance?

Although a capacitor stores energy an RC circuit is not a
resonant system. The voltage and current in an RC circuit
decay exponentially and have no natural oscillation. The
differential equation is first order while resonance
requires second order.

However, an LC circuit can be a resonant system. [inductor-capacitor]
No "waves" are involved in an LC circuit.

I assumed Aleksandr was familiar with that but it's a good example
of the differential form. The voltage across the inductor depends
on the rate of change of current while for the capacitor it depends
on the integral. For a series configuration:

L * d^2I/dt^2 + R * dI/dt + I / C = dV/dt

The Q is 1/R * sqrt(L/C) and the circuit is resonant for Q 0.5

best regards
George