Old May 16th 07, 10:26 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.astro,sci.physics
a_plutonium[_1_]

Default found a 2.7 & 6.4 Kg meteorites today meteorites create a Artesian Spring; best place to look on Mars and Moon found a 4.1 Kg chondritic meteorites

a_plutonium wrote:
(snipped)

If all of these are meteorites, what is beginning to confuse me, is
can you have such a variety of meteorites
all in one debris field? Can you have chondrule meteorites and glassy
meteorites and these smooth granular
meteorites all in one meteor impact? From my many searches on the Web,
noone addresses the issue
of variety of meteorites all in one strike event? So can you have this
diversity of meteorites in one fall event?

And what is this green color all about?

I should call it a strewnfield, not a debris field. But I looked up
the Kansas meteorite
strewnfield and it has a diverse variety of meteorites from pallasites
to stony iron to
almost pure iron. It is claimed that a truck sized asteroid hit Kansas
in the Brenham
region about 2,000 years ago.

Now here in South Dakota near Vermillion it was reported that in 1952
in Centerville a meteorite
went through the roof of a building. So I wonder if mine are connected
to that 1952 fall.

As for the green, both light green and dark green on two of my
meteorites (if they are meteorites) is
olivine mineral, something that is found rarely on rocks on the
surface of Earth because it is mantle rock.
So if I truly have two rocks of olivine, it is more likely they are
meteorites rather than mantle rocks finding
their way to the surface. Is there an easy test for olivine?

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium