Old August 14th 09, 06:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.physics
Androcles[_17_]

Default [OT] How science is not done

"Dave Typinski" wrote in message
Regardless of which side of the aisle you're on with the Climate
Change ne้ Global Warming political debate, the CRU's attitude about
releasing source data makes their findings as factual as the Bible.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/13/cru_missing/

*****
Professor Phil Jones, the activist-scientist who maintains the data
set, has cited various reasons for refusing to release the raw data.
Most famously, Jones told an Australian climate scientist in 2004:
"Even if WMO agrees, I will still not pass on the data. We have 25 or
so years invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to
you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it."
*****

"Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try
and find something wrong with it."

Phil Jones does /not/ know how science works.
--
Dave

I'd agree with you in principle, but unfortunately modern theoretical
physics
is more chicanery than science, more astrology than astronomy. It sounds
like Jones is saying "Why should I make the data available to you for free,
when I haven't made a red cent out of it yet?
Hawking gets a pat on the back from your President who then says
"His work in theoretical physics - which I will not attempt to explain
further
here - has advanced our understanding of the universe. "
http://tinyurl.com/lsooj9

That's how "science" really works.

I demand a further explanation. If Obama doesn't understand it, what's he
giving away medals for?