Old October 27th 04, 05:35 PM
adam bootle

Dick Gordon took a photo of the earth eclipsing the sun during the flight of
Apollo 12. A full ring was not visible but around 50% is shown in the
picture. Select Apollo 12 then click on page 20
http://images.jsc.nasa.gov/luceneweb/browse.jsp

Adam

"Bob Meehan" wrote in message
om...
Imagine how the earth would look, from the moon, as it eclipses the
sun leaving our blue planet surrounded by a bright, colorful ring of
sunrises and sunsets. This would surely be one of the most beautiful
spectacles in the universe.
I know that we don't have a camera on the moon, but couldn't we
position one of our satilites (with color photo capabilities) on the
night side of the planet to capture this image? Does an image of this
view exist now? Have you ever heard of such a thing?
Thank you for your replies!