Old November 11th 17, 04:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Using NASA's Technical Reports Server?

Jeff Findley wrote:

In article , says...

On 11/9/2017 6:24 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article , says...

Sounds like I've had about as much success as you with their search
engine. So, I've sometimes resorted to using Google search with the
"site:" keyword in order to better search the site. For example:

skylab reuse study site:ntrs.nasa.gov

In general, my "Google-fu" is good enough to find what I want that way.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I've not considered a combined approach like that. I'll
give it a try!

Was trying their own Search bar with limited success...

I have found over the years that sites that offer their own search
capability rarely seem to use a high quality search engine. Google has
been at this for so long, I've gotten used to how to use theirs, so the
"site:" keyword helps immensely in these situations.

Back in the early days of the "World Wide Web", I preferred AltaVista's
search engine, but it's been gone for several years now.

Back in the very early days I used Gopher. Unlike AltaVista's search
engine, Gopher is actually still around in corners here and there.

--George Bernard Shaw