Old December 23rd 18, 01:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Let's Photograph Comet 46P Wirtanen

hleopold:
...Always a joy to see your photos, David, I look forward to more in the future.
I mostly read here, hardly ever comment. Not to mention I am jealous of your
set-up, though not of your location, as bad as our seeing is here you have it
worse.

Your words are kinder than I deserve! I have complained here about
Maryland sky conditions from time to time, but not too bitterly, I
hope. I try to take it with equanimity; I get what I get and I try to
make the best I can of it.

Same for my vision. I am 74 years old and I have macular degeneration.
My corrected vision in my left eye is 20/25, i.e., very good. But over
the past few months I have noted a deterioration in my right eye to the
point where I cannot read with my left eye covered. My ophthalmologist
referred me to an optometrist who specializes in low vision. My right
eye can't be "fixed," but a new pair of glasses, coming in about two
weeks, will help. Good that I'm not a visual observer; I can still
focus on a laptop display, but faint fuzzies don't work for me in an
eyepiece. I use a Bahtinov mask on my Tak 106
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/30364292358.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm