Old November 15th 03, 07:38 AM
Painius

"Lyndon Ashmore" wrote...
in message ...

Ashmore's Paradox. 14/11/03
I would like to post a result that was thrown up in my research.
Why is the Hubble constant the same as 'hr/m per cubic metre of space'?
For each cubic metre of space, take the planck constant, multiply it by the
classical radius of the electron then divide by the rest mass of the
electron.
This gives you 2.1exp(-18) per sec.
Change this to astronomical units and you get 64 km/sec per megaparsec - the
Hubble constant as measured by Reiss, Press, Kirshner in 1996.
In Kirshner's book 'The Extravagant Universe' he says that all recent values
of H lie in the range 70 +/- 7 km/s per Mpc. Thus, all values of H lie in
the range (1.1 +/- 0.1) hr/m per unit metre of space.
If this is pure coincidence then it a very remarkable one indeed.
For more information visit my website at www.lyndonashmore.com

'Lo Lyndon --

Actually, it's not even much of a coincidence is it? We all
tend to age, to grow older. And as we grow older our ages
coincide with other figures. For example, i recently turned
54 (yes, thanks, folks, for the nice thoughts). Now, in about
4½ years or so, my age in years will coincide with Mercury's
rotational period in days!

As you mention at www.lyndonashmore.com the Hubble
Time is the reciprocal of the Hubble Constant. And the
Hubble Time, the age of the Universe, is always getting
older. If the electron has a rest mass, m, then i doubt that
it changes much. And if it has a radius, r, then that most
likely stays the same as well. The Planck constant, h? It
*is* a constant, after all. To me this means that there was
a time when your paradox had not yet happened, and there
will come a time when it will no longer be.

And like the coincidence that will take place in 4½ years
between my age and Mercury's spin period, it has only a
passing, fleeting significance...

....doesn't it?

happy days and...
starry starry nights!