Old November 14th 03, 10:29 AM
Lyndon Ashmore

Default Ashmore's Paradox

Ashmore's Paradox. 14/11/03
I would like to post a result that was thrown up in my research.
Why is the Hubble constant the same as 'hr/m per cubic metre of space'?
For each cubic metre of space, take the planck constant, multiply it by the
classical radius of the electron then divide by the rest mass of the
electron.
This gives you 2.1exp(-18) per sec.
Change this to astronomical units and you get 64 km/sec per megaparsec - the
Hubble constant as measured by Reiss, Press, Kirshner in 1996.
In Kirshner's book 'The Extravagant Universe' he says that all recent values
of H lie in the range 70 +/- 7 km/s per Mpc. Thus, all values of H lie in
the range (1.1 +/- 0.1) hr/m per unit metre of space.
If this is pure coincidence then it a very remarkable one indeed.
For more information visit my website at www.lyndonashmore.com