Old February 10th 14, 04:48 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur,sac.politics,rec.arts.tv
Martin Brown

Default If the Universe Was Created in 6000 Years, How Come the MoonIs Over 4 Billion Years Old?

On 10/02/2014 16:36, Siri Cruz wrote:

But you will never convince the foaming at the mouth rabid right
whingers that science is right. They have a medieval mindset.

It's not about whether science is right or wrong. Maybe the Earth really is only
6000 years ago and science is a mistake.

It is exactly about whether science and particularly the scientific
method is right or wrong. Anyone that chooses to believe this
superstitious hocus pocus should be deprived of the marvels of modern
medicine starting with antibiotics, analgesics and anaesthetics.

Earth could just have easily have been created last Tuesday at 16.40 GMT
and the sacred texts and every memory we have today also fabricated by
the capricious and perverse omnipotent being you call God.

Once you have resorted to worshipping a dodgy antique dealer you can't
take anything at face value. Bishop Ushers attempt to work out the age
of the universe was an honest attempt when it was first done, but YEC
today is a horrendous distortion produced by a scientifically illiterate
population of wilfully ignorant folk with a medieval mindset.

That would have implications about how
we understand the world today; I would infer in such a reality that its god made
humans smart enough to ask questions and then punishes humans when they ask
questions. The question is whether you are comfortable enough with the

You mean like discovering apples and the difference between good and
evil? (that didn't work out too well - never trust a talking snake!)

implications to accept the assumption. I would not be not be comfortable with
such a petty god.

There is a very long book about Him. Other cultures have different ones.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown