Old September 10th 03, 12:04 PM
Sam Wormley

Default Online star map / star chart / star atlas

Excalibur wrote:

Hi all,

I've been trying to search for a COMPLETE online star map but was suprised I
couldn't! I tried Google on these keywords: constellation, sky map, star map,
star chart ...

What I was originally after is this, a COMPLETE online star map with:

- Northern + Southern Hemisphere
- RA/DEC coordinates
- 88 constellations + boundaries

Something along these lines:
- http://pup.princeton.edu/stars (doesn't have all 88 constellations)
- http://www.qtm.net/~geibdan/tompix/zeta1.html (only shows 1/4 of full map)
- http://shop.pdstore.com/img/pdstore/...t/colorMap.jpg (good but too small)
- http://www.learnwhatsup.com/astro/index1.shtml (not in one single map)

And if possible, another map of the 88 constellation with classic art
depicting the actual figure of the constellation, eg. a chained lady for
Andromeda, a swan for Cygnus etc.

Would greatly appreciate any pointers, thanks!
Excalibur

Try: http://www.edu-observatory.org/eo/st...ml#interactive
Click on "Interactive Star Atlas" which I enter set up central Iowa