Old September 22nd 17, 10:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Summer in Gresham

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 7:10:05 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 1:26:48 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 1:12:04 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

Scattered showers here in Gresham. Brisk SW wind at 13 mph. Humidity 72%.
The temp here at 1:30 PM is only 59F.

Mt. Hood has received its first snowfall of the year, and summer isn't even
over! I put on my coat for the first time today since summer started..

Double-A

*** Must be that dreadful Global Warming ... you better give
Al "massage with happy ending" Gore a call to see what's up
with that ... it is rather "inconvenient" ...

More like global cooling, a return to the ice age! Man must be responsible somehow!

Currently only 56F here in Gresham as of 1:15 PM. Yesterday it never got above 51! Lots of rain and wind yesterday! Now it has calmed down and the rain has stopped for now.

I walked through a couple of second hand stores on my way over here today. I one the prices on everything were very cheap. In the other the prices were very high. So I guess they must call that one an antique store. But it all looked like the same old junk to me!

Yesterday Kim told me about the time she spent in Chicago years ago, and how she worked her way up to a young waitress in a restaurant there.

Double-A

Thrift store in Anaheim has all stuff very cheap and good quality.I buy my Great grankids toys their and they are like new.Small radios for 3 bucks with ear phones.(Good for old deaf like me.)TreBert

Speaking of toys, "Toys Are Us" has just filed for bankruptcy! Part of the current "mall rot" I guess. Today I went over to "Snow Cap", a food pantry, for the first time in about a year and a half. They have been going strong for as long as I can remember. They run on donations with doubtlessly some help from the government. Came home with cart load free food! Bought the cart last year at the Grange Flea Market for $20. Now it has started paying for itself. Lets me bring home much more food than I could otherwise carry. My rent has increased by $200 in the 2 1/2 years I have been here, so there's getting to be little left over for food.

It is now sunny again, 63F as of 2:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind NW at 5 mph..

Double-A