Old October 17th 16, 02:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Serigo

Default A smaller, faster version of the SpaceX Interplanetary TransportSystem to Mars.

On 10/16/2016 7:17 PM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:

In sci.physics Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,

says...

Yes, just keep sending reactors until you have enough power, however
that is not going to be cheap.

Well, we've moved from "not possible" to "possible but not cheap".
Progress!

Jeff

Who said "not possible"?

It certainly wasn't me.

Yet that's the attitude everyone hears you having,

you do not speak for everyone, you speak to yourself.

The closest thing to "not possible" I've said is that the following
are unknowns on Mars.

If water is available in quantity anywhere other than the poles.

Not an unknown. We know
.there are huge subsurface ice deposits
elsewhere than the poles.

no, you dont know that. it is only conjecture, not known.

If there are concentrated usefull mineral deposits in general and

Not an unknown. We know there's hematite and other iron ores.

Cite? where is your hematite mine ?

iron makes the planet red, but it is not know of any concentrated
mineral deposits.

concentrated calcium deposits in particular as all the concentrated
calcium deposits on Earth are the result of biology.

Not an unknown. Calcium concentrations and minerals such as dolomite
and marble are one of the indications on Mars that there was surface
water.

Cite ?