Old December 16th 03, 02:53 PM
ed kyle

Default Unknown Rocket Wreckage

"C. Newport" wrote in message ...
Can anyone identify the section of missile airframe shown at the link below?
The person in the image is the prefect of the Maryland Delaware Rocketry
Association and this fragment reportedly washed up on an island in the
Caribbean.

C. Newport

http://www.mdrocketry.org/photos/images/NEILROCK.JPG

Looks like the remains of a solid fueled rocket to me.
Possibilities include Blue Scout or Blue Scout Jr.,
early Polaris, Pershing, and maybe Minuteman, but I've
not yet seen a pre-launch photo of anything that matches
this precisely. I don't immediately recall seeing
"United States" on the side of military missiles unless
they were flying for NASA.

- Ed Kyle