Old October 23rd 03, 06:58 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default MER team in mass hibernation

In message 1066774004.912634@cache3, David Knisely
writes
Mork posted:

Don't you think it is a bit odd that nothing newsworthy has emanated
from MER HQ at JPL for well over two months? This troubles me.

Uh, the spacecraft is in its "cruise" phase, so it isn't doing much
other than flying through space. That isn't exactly "newsworthy".

You could say the same about Cassini, Stardust, and others, but I find
the regular updates by Ron Baalke very interesting. Gives a feeling of
looking over their shoulders.
ISTR that when Cassini was down-sized the plan was to do almost nothing
during the cruise phase except periodically check the spacecraft health.
That doesn't seem to have happened for Cassini, but is it true of MER?
--
"It is written in mathematical language"