Old May 15th 07, 02:17 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Carsten A. Arnholm

Default ToUcam 840 - Cant Start Graph

kprom wrote:
Same problem over & over endlessly ever since I bought
this Phillips ToUcam 840. Have searched the web endlessly
for the solution only to find hundreds of posts having the same
problem - but no solution anywhere! So the expensive webcam
sits.

What is going on with this "Cant Start Graph" failure to record
warning? How do I fix it. Like others have tried everything.

Do not tell me I need to buy more software - will throw the
damned cam away first!

If you are on XP the trick is to not install anything, no driver, no
software. XP has drivers for Philips ToUcam webcams pre-installed. Just plug
in the camera and wait for confirmation that the camera is ready.

Capture software? There is a lot to choose from. I would suggest K3CCDTools
for astronomy use http://www.pk3.org/Astro/index.htm?k3ccdtools.htm

Clear skies
Carsten A. Arnholm
http://arnholm.org/