Old August 12th 03, 10:47 PM
Benoit Morrissette

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:00:32 +0100, "The Lord"
wrote:

You could have some of my fish if youd like to save the waiting???

I have the impression that as you said carl sagan said we came from stardust
was referring to the fact that all our chemical make up was made inside of a
star at some point in the past as only the ligtest elements exist, until
converted to the heavier elements inside stars?

Nige

Atoms are eternals. The hydrogen atoms used in bombs are about 15 billions
years old... just like the helium we find in balloons!

In the beginning, only hydrogen and helium were produced in the BigBang. Some
of the others elements are produced in normal stars like the Sun. But to get
the complete periodical table, we need something absolutly cataclismic: a Super
Nova! There is currently no other know process that can produce gold, mercury
etc... As the Solar System condensed about 5 billions years ago, all the atoms
of our bodies are older than that. And the hydrogen in us ( 75% of the human
body is water ) is as old as the universe...

I understand now why i have wrinkles in my face...

Benoît Morrissette...