Old January 10th 18, 03:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

Default Good News: Slow, but steady progress

"Chris.B" wrote in
:

On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 18:16:52 UTC+1, Gutless Umbrella
Carrying Sissy wrote:

Nature's not entirely alone, when it come to Dyson's, which
have "the proper amount of suckage, er, suction."

A surprising number of online forums used to automatically block
the use of the term suck[tion.] How they coped on vampire
support forums I have absolutely no idea. It must have sucked
the life out of many of them.

"Suck" is, I believe, a popular, derogatory Americanism amongst
the linguistically immature. i.e. Those given to saying "OMG" to
describe literally everything from dropping a single, worthless
item. To being confronted by wholesale, nuclear Armageddon on
their own doorstep. Hope this helps?

I suspect blocking that particular word has more to do with what
people are often told *to* suck, rather than the generic "that is
undesirabl" context.

I've yet to see an online forum that didn't suck, though. It's
inherent to the nature of the medium.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland: