Old August 9th 10, 01:57 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
CJ

Default Perseid Shower

"Eddie Lyons" wrote in message

"CJ" wrote in message
I cannot find anywhere on the internet figures of its passage to
calculate when it reaches its outer distance from the Sun or being able
to calculate how much it will miss the Earth Moon system by in 2122. The
only relevant data I could find is that is the largest know object with
the closest approach to us. It is estimated that it is nearly 3 times
larger that the object that caused the Dinosaur extinction 65 million
years ago. Perhaps someone who is more diligent than me can find the
relevant data. My Starry night program does not list the ephemeris of it
either. Please check any other programs which you have for details about
its inclination etc please as I am beginning to wonder why I cannot find
data on the comet. The comet is listed as 109P/Swift-Tuttle.

Try the JPL Horizons web site: http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?horizons.

Eddie Lyons
Portsmouth, UK

That was a fantastic help for me as I was beginning to wonder if the
original data that it would collide with the Earth had been covered up. I
know that one of my foibles is that things are covered up by authorities to
stop panic either real or perceived to allay public concern.

I shall try to unravel the data and try to glean more information from the
data.