Old June 29th 09, 01:12 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
dott.Piergiorgio[_2_]

Default Fate of Italian Polaris Missiles

Fred J. McCall ha scritto:
wrote:
:
:As far as I know the Italian Navy never received any Polaris. However,
:a missile was developed locally for deployment on submarines as well
:as the Garibaldi, before being abandoned. This was the still largely
:classified Alfa missile
http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/alfa.htm
:

Uh, you should have read your own cite a bit more carefully:

"Polaris missiles were supplied by the United States and were flight
tested from the Garibaldi during the mid-1960's."

I must precise that the Garibaldi here is the earlier CL/CLG (CLGB ?)
and not the current CVL/CVE.

Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.