Old February 21st 12, 10:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
Ken S. Tucker

Default Mercury Redstone in 1/48 scale? Every model kit ever now on shelves

On Feb 11, 9:33 am, (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
Good news from the hobby stores everyone! Among the things
I picked up this week that I haven't got time to build:

1. AMT/ERTL's re-released the 'Men In Space' 1/200 scale kits of the
Mercury/Redstone, Mercury/Atlas, Gemini/Titan, Apollo/Saturn I-B,
Apollo/Saturn V kits.

2. Moebius has released a fresh 'Space Clipper' based on the 2001
Orion. The box hasn't got Pan Am livery on it, though. I don't
know what the decals inside are like. (*If* the Pan Am livery is
missing possibly that can be fixed as there's that company selling
all that Pan Am themed product anyway.)

3. Dragon has released a 1/48 scale Mercury-Redstone stack. No more
hacking it together with the Gus Grissom Mercury-Gemini Kit and a
couple Jupiter C's!

4. MPC has released a 1/100th scale 'Pilgrim Observer' space station,
which I admit I never heard of before but it has that 60s space
race style just oozing all over it.

5. Revell has released a 1/48 scale Apollo CSM/LM stack, which is the
first time I recall seeing the whole stack in uniform scale big
enough to really play with. If I read the box correctly it even
carries the SLA for the complete toy experience.

Now if only there were some way to turn model kits into the
fully painted, assembled models! O, the wonder, o, the joy!

--http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: Interpreting Drew Carey

You can design and make your own realistic models such as
a B52 here,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3515661...in/photostream

I study designs, then make the patterns and instructions,
wife likes making models so she does 90% of construction.
Ken