Old March 27th 09, 11:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson

Default Simple Online FITS File Viewer?

Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:18:11 -0700, "W. eWatson"
wrote:

Is there such viewer as in Subject? One that I can upload a fits file to.

Seems like a lot of trouble when there are good, free viewers you can
use locally. Some don't even need to be installed, but can just be run
as simple executables, even off a flash drive.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Where can I find one? Not installed? How does that work?
Normally I use my CCDSoft, but it is broken for some reason. So far Bisque
hasn't found a solution. I'd rather not install one, but, if I must, I will.

I see I had better luck now with Google and simple installable ones--NRAO,
an odd place I would think for fits.

I'm not familiar with flash drive capabilities. How does one execute off of
a flash drive? What is special about such a drive in this case?

--
W. eWatson

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/