Old November 4th 07, 06:59 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan
Sloppy Joe

Default ..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically)Repeating Itself

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 04:16:40AM -0000, BradGuth wrote:
On Oct 28, 6:06 pm, Neil Gerace wrote:

[going to the moon]
30 years ago, in 1977, the US would have found it utterly
impossible :-)

That's the whole truth and nothing but the truth. (utterly impossible,
even as of today it is not human DNA friendly, nor do we have a viable
lander)
- Brad Guth -

That's not a bad thing, really, in the short term. If they were doing it
today, Haliburton would be out there on the surface of the Moon, drilling
for oil and natural gas while debate raged over whether or not building a
pipeline to Earth would have adverse environmental impact. (How's that?)

At least the way were're currently doing it ensures that when we go we'll
have much better tools. Some are frustrated at the wait, but contemporary
politics in these matters moves slowly. NMF, I wasn't born in the
baby-boom era.