Old February 20th 17, 03:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Planet near Proxima Centauri (Travel time)

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 05:14:02 -0800 (PST), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 10:50:04 PM UTC-7, Chris L Peterson wrote:

I do not doubt that millions
upon millions of other developed civilizations exist in this universe...

Maybe. But it's possible that most or all are like us, unlikely to
survive as a technological species long enough to venture far from
their birthplace before going extinct.

Nihilistic nonsense. AGW will certainly not be the cause of such
extinction, so why are you so adamant about it?

You don't actually know what nihilism is, do you? And where does AGW
enter in? Some obsession of yours? I didn't mention it, and I'm not
talking about it.