Old January 12th 18, 12:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Default Winter in Gresham

Notroll2016 wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 3:56:18 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier
wrote:
On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 2:34:05 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Now 46F here in Gresham as of 2:30 PM on this winter's day. Wind 4
mph out of the southwest. Occasional rain showers. Humidity 89%.

I here LA has now gotten the rain they have been praying for for so
long! So much that mud slides are now destroying houses and vehicles!
Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

Double-A

Not God its gravity.Mud is heavy,and going down it takes houses with
it.Still Calif.people are crazy and will rebuild their house on stilts
again an again.I think I'm lucky living in my van.Earthquakes can't
hurt me. Now that Walmart is closed from 12 to 6 I'm looking to be a
night watchman.They pay $10.30 an hour.I'm asking for $500 a week
(cash money) See what happens.Walmart and McDonald take good care of
this old man.They tell me I'm good for business.Go figure bert

Good news! I heard this morning that Walmart is increasing their
starting pay to $11.00 per hour due to the passage of the Trump tax
bill! It's called "trickle down". But I also heard some Sam's Clubs
are closing.
A tempestuous day here in Gresham. Steady rain and gusty wind. My
umbrella was already damaged just getting here! Lucky I have some
spares at home. Temp is a balmy 53F as of 12:30 PM. Wind SW at 16 mph.
Humidity 89%.
Had a nice lunch with Kim yesterday. She wants to study languages. She
already speaks three. Portland State University gives free tuition to
seniors, so perhaps she can take advantage of that.

The restaurant I had my eye on that just closed is going to be be
occupied by an expansion of the candy store down the street, so that
opportunity is gone. Candy is a better business than liquor? I
thought liquor was quicker!

Double-A

Candy is dandy, liquor is quicker, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Wanna bet ?
If their partner comes home while you are going at it,.....and hits you in
the face with a baseball bat.
.....Your teeth are history