Old August 21st 12, 06:12 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Quantum 'graphity' challenges Big Bang theory

On 20/08/2012 12:53 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 8/20/12 11:07 AM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
I'd be more inclined to believe their theory, if they didn't use such a
cutesy name for it.

Yousuf Khan

Big Bang theory under threat from quantum graphity breakthrough | Herald
Sun
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226454428502

"Their research rests on a school of thought that has emerged recently
to suggest space is made of indivisible building blocks, like atoms,
that can be thought of as similar to pixels that make up images on a
computer screen."

I wonder how the new theory accounts for the CMB spectrum.

I'd like to know something more basic, if the universe is just a bunch
of ice crystallizing from water, then why is it expanding? When most
things crystallize into a solid they contract.

Yousuf Khan