Old September 8th 09, 06:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Full Moon Shots from the weekend

Richard Crisp wrote:
all eline to avoid the moon issues.

first light: ML8300 camera with AP155EDF f/7

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ic1...2hao3_page.htm

ML4022: with AP180EDT f/9

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m27...iumII_page.htm

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m42...2hao3_page.htm

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/sh2...2hao3_page.htm

You are keeping FLI in business with all those new cameras. I keep
hearing folks saying how awful the 8300 chip is with such a low well
depth yet all the photos seem to say otherwise. Small pixels would seem
to be more difficult to achieve with a deep well capacity. In any case
it doesn't seem to be the problem all are making it out to be. Few deep
sky objects would ever reach that capacity anyway even in very long
subs. Though no where near the sensitivity of your NABG chips.

You are imaging up a storm but please no M42 shots, It isn't winter yet!
We never got any summer so far. Never turned on the air conditioner
but have used the heat pump many days for heat. My wife's tomatoes are
still very green yet. Lost some to frost the other night. Don't know
if she'll get any or not this year.

Full moon here but very smoky skies thanks to to southern Cal fires.
Last night best I could see was 2nd magnitude through the smoke and
moonlight. Not bothering you?

Rick