Old March 31st 04, 09:19 PM
Colin Dawson

Hi Chris.

The LPI? oh yeah, it's meade new fangled web cam thingy. Grrr, wish I'd got
one with my scope. ;-)

To put up an image onto a web page is really quite easy.... first you'll
need the piccy saved as a .JPG (there's other formats too, but JPG will do).

Then you'll need to contruct the page. Some programs will do this for you,
but here's how to it it manually..

Use notepd and copy this text...

html
body
img src="MyPic.jpg"
/body
/html

Then save this as a file in the same directory as your .jpg file. When you
save the file give it a file extension of .html Next double click on this
new file and Windows Explorer should startup, your picture will be
displayed. The final step is that you need to use an FTP program to
upload the files to your webspace in the internet (you ISP will help you do
that if needed)

If you want to get more adventurous with the web page, then "borrow"
examples from other websites that you like the look of... everyone does it.

Regards

Colin

"Chris Taylor" wrote in message

Hi Colin

Thanks for the link. I took some pix with the LPI last night. Haven't
figured out how to get them onto a web page yet. I'll let you know when

its
sorted.

Regards

Chris

"Colin Dawson" wrote in message

"Chris Taylor" wrote in message
I've never been much good at star-hopping, hence the desirability of

GOTO.

We recently left a small GOTO in South Africa for future visits

(aaaahhh,
southern skies...) and after a disappointing brush with an Ebay

'special'
decided to take the plunge on an LX90.

snip

You've bought a pretty good scope. Just thought you might be interested

in
paying my site a little attention.... there's a few projects on there

that
can help to make your life with the LX90 even more pleasant.... I know,
they've helped me alot. Mind you at the moment, I'm working on my next
project - a full scale powerpack to power scope, dew heater and other

stuff
from a nice little 85Ah battery! Hopefully, once I've got all the

parts
togther I'll be able to update my site.

Glad you like the LX90, I've found that the optics are just as good as

any
other scope that I've seen - including some 12" scopes! The reason for

this
is that whilst the 12" has greater light gather capability, it also

tends
suffer more from bad weather conditions!

Regards

Colin Dawson
www.cjdawson.com