Old November 24th 03, 12:00 AM
Steve Little

Default "Best" digital camera

"David Nakamoto" wrote in message
"Eddie Trimarchi" wrote in message
I use the 10-second timer on my Sony Cybershot to allow some time for
settling.

That won't work on a 4300 Coolpix. Tried it, it didn't like it. You

need
to hold the shutter release button down during a bulb setting, and as I
said, the 4300 doesn't accept any shutter release cable.

On my CP5000 I bought a 6" piece of aluminum flat stock (1/4" thick x 3/4"
wide). Drilled a 1/4" hole near one end, attached it to the tripod mount
hole. Bent it around the side of the camera and up over the shutter release
button, marked the center of button on the flat stock. Drilled and tapped a
hole at that spot to screw in an old Pentax release cable with the lock
screw on it that holds the release in for you. I just push the manual
release in (the little nib comes out and holds the button down), tighten the
lock screw, and uncover the scope.

Steve