Old February 4th 19, 05:54 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default General Cosmology: universal expansion as an illusion of changingspatial curvature

Eric Flesch said:
This notion that our space is flat simply because we see the current
curvature as flat opens up interesting consequences:

(1) The value of lightspeed (c) varies with spatial curvature.
Hyperbolic space would look to us as the same as "flat", but if you
travel in it you will find that your destination is closer -- this is
because the "shells of space" contain larger volumes. As distances
are less, lightspeed would cover more distance, thus is faster in
terms of distance. Thus lightspeed is a simple scalar measure of the
background spatial curvature. Lightspeed would be invariate by some
other as-yet-unmodelled measure.

(2) As we look into deep space we are unknowingly looking into a
universe of greater spatial curvature, thus our luminosity functions
lose accuracy. It is like the whole universe is lensed darkly, moreso
the farther you observe. This accounts for what is currently
interpreted as "dark energy".

(3) This extrapolates to the first moment of the universe which then
would have been almost infinitely hyperbolic with every place
contiguous to all others, allowing instantaneous action over the
whole, a.k.a. "inflation". Since then, spatial curvature would decay
with time via the standard exponential decay function C(t) =
C(0)*e^(-kt) where k~Hubble time.

This model thus appears to replicate inflation & dark energy, and
provides a mechanism for the redshift by virtue of the slowing
over the ćons. What we know as "universal expansion" is
just a naďve interpretation of the migrating spatial curvature. CMB
reverberations are thus far not accounted for, but its absence doesn't
make this TOE wrong, just incomplete. :-)

The possibility that lightspeed is decreasing with universal time puts
a crimp into the modern technique of defining the length of the metre

(meter) in terms of light cycles. Inflation will be seen to happen as
our metre grows smaller causing old objects to measure as bigger (and
heavier in metric terms), whether old standard kilograms or dinosaur
bones. Issues remain but the simplicity of this General Cosmological
Model appeals

I wonder if there aren’t some other aspects of a variable light speed that
might show themselves. For instance, what about Matter structures? If
light speed is greater, then stars can be larger, no?
Presumably greater light speed means greater energies and higher pressures.
Unless, the different geometry means different type reference frames for measuring
energy.

Greater radiation pressures make gases more difficult to collapse, but those that do
will form larger stars. . And those larger stars may not be the same color as “today’s”.
Not only larger but longer lived. If radiation pressures are
greater, large stars would remain stable. Spacetime geometry
should have little effect on geometry inside a star, but variable light speed should
induce differences in chemistry inside stars, relative to our era, no?

Acceptance of an expanding Universe lies at the heart of this next point.

Aren’t galaxies inside Voids structurally different and dimmer than others
“living” within the filaments and part of large scale structures? If so, that is a modern
example of chemistry within stars being unaffected by the spacetime geometry
they “live” in. The dimming effect being a consequence of the expanding geometry
of the Void.

Just thoughts. Thanks.

Brad