Old May 23rd 18, 08:54 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Steve Willner

Default First stars

In article ,
jacobnavia writes:
To make an oxygen signal visible 13 Gy away the concentration of oxyygen
should be quite high.

What mass of (doubly ionized) oxygen did you derive? Concentration
doesn't matter, of course, but presumably mass was what you meant.
You'll have to assume a density, but 10^3 cm^-3 would be a reasonable
guess. I'm surprised the authors didn't do this calculation, but
maybe they considered the density too speculative.

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA