Old March 5th 18, 08:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Polar astronomy

On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 8:29:08 PM UTC, Anders Eklöf wrote:

You miss my point:
We all know the fact you are trying to explain.....

Obviously not everyone does despite the fact that orbital direct/retrogrades haven't been touched since the year 1513 when the resolution for the slower moving planets emerged (Commentariolus). If you can distinguish between the open-ended illusory loop of Mars from the closed actual loop of Venus you have already come to understand what Galileo and the original Sun centered astronomers did not and that does nothing to diminish those astronomers. I do not even ask observers to know why their perspectives were incomplete but it does help to know why Venus ad Mercury do not trace out open-ended loops as previous views held -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYYwNvjr7Lg

You can see why I choose to respond carefully when nuisances in this forum shove junk material like this in front of observers while a simple and clear loop dictates why we see phases, size increases/decreases and any other additional information supporting the heliocentric view of Venus seen from a slower moving Earth.

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...ary%202012.jpg

Again, all things come in season and that I have no influence over but there are fewer people mocking nowadays as the picture becomes clearer with time. There are no restrictions as to who develops the best narrative as that is the way things are done at the moment but clearly VR looks like the ideal medium for education and enjoyment purposes.