Old March 8th 15, 10:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: Jupiter

What camera did you use? My 11K is way to slow for Jupiter. By the time
I have enough frames downloaded its rotated too far. The way I'm set up
I can't add a barlow to get much image scale. I'm stuck at my native
0.5" per pixel. Doesn't help my seeing of late has hit 6". Even with no
moon I couldn't do anything at that seeing! I took some color data
earlier this year at 4" and since red was worse than blue or green I had
ref flares sticking out around the stars. The other night the temp
dropped 22C in less than 2 hours. Seeing blows up with that happens. We
went from -10 to -32 in 1:50.

Rick

I used an iNova PLA-MX310 camera, which is an ICX618 based camera that
allows for 60fps on my laptop computer. Could go faster if I had a SSD drive
in the laptop. Short exposures (and a lot of them) have given me much
sharper images than in the old times with a webcam that was doing 15fps.

Stefan