Old July 14th 05, 08:53 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message .com,
writes

George Dishman wrote:
The scientific method requires our views to be drawn
from observation of reality, and the observation, as
you have now discovered, is that the seasons do NOT
coincide between the hemispheres. It is precisely
because my arguments are based purely on science
that you cannot refute them, and you never will until
you can explain why summer in the northern hemisphere
is OBSERVED to coincide with winter in the southern
hemisphere.

George

To describe seasonal changes using an astronomical perspective,the
change is due to the orbital orientation of the Earth changing through
fixed axial orientation.

OK, one more time then I give up :-) Change in orientation relative to
what?

The first heliocentrists jettisoned the illusion caused by the Earth's
axial motion and orientation and treated orbital motion as an
indepedent motion.

Are you saying it isn't independent? Or that somehow the idea has been
lost since the time of Copernicus?
Axial motion of the planets is completely separate from orbital motion,
and the period of axial rotation of the planets varies from a few hours
to more than a year. But even if a planet was tidally locked, you would
still observe retrograde motion of the outer planets.

Listen carefully,the Sun does not bob up and down against the equator
nor does the Earth tilt up and down towards the Sun causing the
seasons,the orbital orientation of the Earth passing through fixed
axial orientation generates the seasons.

This is a new insight

But it isn't :-) It's garbled, but that is essentially what causes the
seasons. But you have this fixed idea that the seasons are caused by the
changing distance of the Earth from the Sun - at least, I assume that's
why you keep posting that link to
http://www.mhhe.com/physsci/astronomy/fix/student/images/04f15.jpg.

destroying the exquisite Equation of Time principles
for the convenience of the celestial sphere and the Newtonian agenda.

Not again :-) Yet again, the Equation of Time is a result of a
combination of axial tilt and an elliptical orbit. No more and no less.