Old March 17th 05, 06:03 PM
Twittering One

Default ! * ~ * Profundity, GO ~ 25 minutes ~ * !

Profundity in 25 Minutes

Tres kewl!

"To the Editor:

Re 'Strivers Sharpen Their No. 2's for a Different Test for
College'
(The New York Times, front page, March 4):

As a longtime (30 years) teacher of writing, I think that I can predict
what will happen when high school students are confronted with
instructions to write a serious essay in 25 minutes: the several glib
ones will write something readable and competent. The others ~ perhaps
more thoughtful ~ need at least a few minutes to collect and organize
their thoughts and will fail to do a finished piece of work. The first
group will score higher.

So much for testing the ability to write well."

~ Anne Bernays

"=2E.. and some of them can't write with pencils,
Either ~ Dysgraphia,
C'sest moi."
~ Twittering

*

"Go potty,
Too?

..=2E. or just
Poetry?

Or meet
Tomorrow

Gold Fish School? Just say,
The Breakfast Club?

Or

Just dance tonight, all night,
At the discoth=E8que club ~

Like we
Used to do?

O, My buds, yes ~ All
Deade. O, how I miss

All my
Back ~ Street Gay Boyz ..."
~ Twittering

"=2E. O, My buds, yes ~ All
Deade. O, how I miss

All my Boston
Beacon Street Gay Boyz ..."
~ Twittering

*

"I am confused by what you are saying ???
I have to condense the chaos around me Twittering.
I am getting confused.

Can you explain?"
~ Raving

"O, long story. Just ask The
Annotater. She knows. Or one day ~ Just read 'The
Cliff Notes.'"
~ Twittering

*

"Do or do not.
There is no try."
~ Yoda

"But Mama!
They took all my money."
~ Twittering

*

alt.new.tree.replant.put-in-ground.grow
alt.magik.shade.appears.soothes.calms
alt.spring.blossom.blooms.flowers.covers-boughs
alt.absent.avifauna.see.appreciate.relent
alt.flying.birds.arrive.settle.consider-situation
~ RKB

alt.sure.certainty?.worry.fret.cry
~ Twittering

*

"Old peeps
Deserve to die.
Life is for the living."
~ The

"But, O, the dead keep giving,
Don't you know? My eye's
Crying ~ Those DeadE Boyz still haunt my sleep,
My waking,
My Ilk of Too, too."
~ Twittering

*

"Whether Deleuze and Guattari were actually 'doing
philosophy' in the _Anti-Oedipus_ or not, their last
collaborative work (_Qu'est-ce que la philosophie?_) may
shed some light on the status of the concepts operating in
that early work.^1^ Unlike scientific concepts, which aim
to stabilize and identify"

~ Eugene W. Holland,
From "A SCHIZOANALYTIC READING OF BAUDELAI

THE MODERNIST AS POSTMODERNIST,"
From Postmodern Culture

"Lets 'OUT DO' Roger,
& out It later ..."
~ Twittering

"Alright then!"
~ William Ducklow

"When?"
~ Twittering

"Don't try to make sense to the demented
Idiot,
She'll be gone soon
Anyway."
~ The

"O?
Where to,
And when?

..=2E............................ Allo?"
~ Twittering

"What would you know about REAL woman?
Your lesbian girls look like the
construction worker from The Village People.
You're pretty nasty too..."
~ The

"I don't know any
Lesbians."
~ Twittering

"tall blank zebras appear

To care. The aerogramme made a lily of necessity,
stumped box, redolence ribboned far off in the glass
cities I opened and closed to the dandy
drawers. A colt emerged on a clotted pansy. A pan
required fanning. This repose a thread files.
Inside the spitting rope sweeps
like a foppish knot or lighthouse,
a beam where the sun withers like snow
in its box of jewels. Like a towel-like now.

tiny broom zippers boxed

Z"
~ Tan Lin,
From "Postmodern Culture"

"Aside from their humor, Don DeLillo's novels are noted
almost as frequently for their brilliant terror, manifested
as a %frisson% at the core of contemporary existence..."

~ Charles Bernstein,
From "Libra and the Historical Sublime,"
From "Postmodern Culture"

*

"And your point
To this post was?"
~ Art Deco

"Shortening, without which
No biscuit is crisp.

Justice, without which,
No life is sane.

Health, without which
No life is without pain."
~ Twittering

*

Living Again

"I'm getting older every day
But if I could live my life over again
I would like to travel
I would like to go down to the West Indies Islands
And just lay down on the sand and take it easy
And enjoy life like rest of my life
If I could have my way."

~ Sam Rainey,
From "I Never Told Anybody"

[p. 197]

Old People

"I want to come back as a dove
Innocent, knows nothing about life
That's what I want to come back as
But that's not really me.
A lot of people classify me as a devil.
Even my Casey thinks I'm a devil.
I love old people.
I can sit down and talk with them
And learn more from them than I do from books
Especially older women
Like Mary L.
The old people pet a dove
But the devil they shove away from."

~ William Ross,
From "I Never Told Anybody"

[p. 197]

Life

"When I was young I was a very nice girl.
And I am old
And I find myself in a nursing home
But I am still happy here."

Laura Bradshaw,
From "I Never Told Anybody"

[p. 199]

Jobless Man

"If I could live my life over
I want to go to an island
Where the sun is hot
And no work to do."

~ George Johnson,
From "I Never Told Anybody"

[p. 199]

*

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to
Know where you're going, and the insight to know
When you're going too far.
~ Irish toast

"A perfect aphorism, flexible, yet eternal,
Or at least as far as my limited earth knowledge can discern.
Me, being a Libra, clinging to those scales,
Balance defines the crux of my life ~ Matter,
Spirit,
Both matter,
Both make sense.

But as someone [Hey~ Ms.
Donna Willis!] wise once pointed out to me ~ Those scales
Are always a tad off-kilter. And as I Ching
Reminds,
That subtle disruption of perfect equipoise
Is the dynamic force in motion ~
For perfect balance is stillness,
And life is motion

Tally Ho!
Giddy ~ up,
We've places to Go, so, like, know ... ~ !"
~ Twittering

*

"=2E.. and what act
Is needed?"
~ Twittering

"Can you explain?"
~ Raving

"Can I explain?"
~ Raving

"=2E.. and what act
Is needed?

Good question

I don't know

I am unable to converge the objective(?)(s?) (???)

this is the problem

I know that I must act ... today, next week,
..=2E. within the month,
..=2E.. perhaps a bit longer ?????

But I MUST act ... and all that I can do right now is to 'decide'
Where/how/what to 'act'
And to prepare the 'ground' for when I do.

I am truly 'lost'
..=2E. this is unwise and disintegrates."
~ Raving

"=2E.. well, just ACT and DO The RIGHT
THING!

'cause ~

Spring's coming ~ You need extra flea protection!
Fobby strolled her puppies over to the pounde,
Just a Bide-a-Wee, east side of town.

All's swell, now, yes, all her pups got flea-protection.
A silver dog tag each pup wears, official proof
Fine protection, now, against dog pound collection.

Quoof!"
~ Twittering

*

..=2E. decay,
Or here to stay?

"I am truly 'lost'
..=2E. this is unwise and disintegrates."
~ Raving

"=2E.. well, just ACT and DO The RIGHT
THING!

'cause ~

Spring's coming ~ You need extra flea protection!
So Fobby strolled her puppies over to the pound,
Just a Bide-a-Wee, east side of town.

All's swell, now, yes, all Fob's pups got flea-protection.
A silver dog tag each pup wears, official proof,
Fine protection, now, against The Pound Collection.

Quoof!"
~ Twittering

"=2E.. but,
O, I am still so confused, about so much else ~
Such as,
What does Kennel Cough sound like?"
~ Twittering

*

[Meanwhile,
Just a couple blocks farther south down First
Avenue...]

~* The Great GOLD Fish
Heist ~ ~
A Tale TK,
In which we rescue those poor NYU Gold Fish,
Too big for that teeny weeny
Pool !* ~

It's NOT Just A ~ Quality of Life Fish Type Issue,
No,
It's a Life & Death Situation!

"O dear, always
Something else to do! No rest for the Ether Patrol!
So, like, know ~ To the Rescue, we must now Gooooooooooooooooooooo ~ !
~ Twittering