Old June 23rd 03, 12:09 PM
Sally

Default Query about Mars

Yes, given sufficient willpower and resources I believe that it would be
possible. There are several projects underway around the world attempting to
maintain isolated mini-ecosystems. The Eden project was (I think) one of the
first. It even had a small crew of people in the dome. Some valuable lessons
were learned before things started to go wrong. I think that it had to be
abandoned due to excessive CO2 buildup. The crew were also struggling to
produce enough food from the system and lost a lot of weight.

Sally

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
Thanks for your comments. WRT to the air pressure situation, I
understand. Presumably it would be feasible to build some sort of
environment which could support life though?