Old June 24th 18, 09:19 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Towards routine, reusable space launch.

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote on Sat, 23 Jun 2018
21:28:31 -0700 (PDT):

On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 8:34:11 AM UTC-4, Jeff Findley wrote:

That's not what I meant. I meant that you can't know these things
intuitively. The example was a huge bridge made of concrete and steel
that was destroyed by wind. That's not intuitive!

Sure it is. A high enough wind will destroy almost anything.

Except that isn't what destroyed it. Winds when the Tacoma Narrows
Bridge collapsed were 40 MPH and less.

-- Thomas Jefferson